I don’t know about you but I love oatmeal from scratch. The good-ole’ Old Fashioned way. Oatmeal is a staple in my home, we eat it everyday (almost). However, we like to switch up our toppings. It keeps the boredom down.
Can’t wait for you to try our family’s way. 💕
• Water (you can also use a nut or oat milk) -1.5 to 2 cups (depends on how fluffy you like your oatmeal – add more once it’s close to being done)
• Sea salt – 1/4 tsp
• Organic rolled oats – 1 cup
• Organic Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
• Organic coconut palm sugar – 1 tbsp
• Cinnamon (I prefer cinnamon sticks, there’s more flavor) – 2 sticks
• Black chia seeds
• Hemp seeds
• Raw walnut halves
All other Ingredients are from my local farmers market (Your Dekalb Farmers Market)
• Add water, rolled oats, sea salt, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and cinnamon (after about 1-2 minutes) Cook on medium heat, mix & stir, bring to a boil.
• Turn heat down to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, continuing to stir until oatmeal thickens.
• Add more water (amount to your liking) and mix again. Let simmer for an additional 1-2 more minutes.
• Remove from heat, uncovered and let oatmeal sit for about 3-5 minutes.
• Top with walnuts, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. Add a little organic blue agave if you’d like. I did!
Note: If oatmeal is too thick after sitting, simply add more liquid of choice and add back to heat, stir for a few minutes (1-2). The key to good tasting oatmeal: see step 4 of instructions. When I skip this step, my oatmeal is never right.
Here’s where you can purchase the Ingredients below:
Wholesome organic coconut palm sugar
Frontier co-op vanilla extract
Organic Blue Agave