Who doesn’t love some delicious cornbread. Frankly, I’m not sure. What I am sure of, is that this is the best tasting cornbread that I’ve ever had. Yep, it’s that good. If you’ve read any of my other food post, you know that I like to get right into it.
So, let’s see what you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups of almond milk (Califia Farms Original Almond Milk)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups of cornmeal (Bob’s Red Mill Medium Grind Cornmeal)
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup of applesauce (or you can use 1 egg replacer – Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Egg Replacer)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil)
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. of coconut sugar (Wholesome Organic Coconut Sugar)
- 3 Tbsp. of agave (Wholesome Organic Blue Agave)
Let’s make us some delicious cornbread:
Mix the 1 1/4 cups of almond milk and 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) together. Let it sit for a few minutes to create a vegan ‘buttermilk’. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together – 1 1/4 cups cornmeal, 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, 2-s Tbsp. coconut sugar and 1/4 tsp sea salt. Set aside. Using the same bowl as vegan ‘buttermilk’ add the remaining wet ingredients – 1/4 cup of coconut oil and 3 Tbsp. of agave. Mix all ingredients together. Grease cast iron skillet with vegan butter. Pour mix into pan. Place into pre-heated 425 degrees oven for about 30 minutes or until brown.
Enjoy with some delicious vegan chili!